- September 30, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Editor's Choice, Food Files from Goa
SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (WATERMELON FIZZ)
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- ½ kg seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Generous splash of kombucha or sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs or edible flowers for garnish
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces (carefully removing the rind).
- Cut the peel away from the lime.
- Add about half of the watermelon to the juicer, then the mint, followed by the lime and the rest of the watermelon (collecting the juice in a pitcher).
- Set the watermelon juice aside. If you wish to strain any remaining pulp, use a fine mesh sieve to do so before pouring your watermelon juice into glasses.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses. Pour 2-4 ounces of watermelon juice in a glass. Top with kombucha or sparkling water. Garnish as desired and serve. Cheers!
You Might Also Be Interested In
Wine And Dine By Goan Sea
Calamari Bathe & Binge
Flavours Of India
Anyone For Coffee And A Canvas?
Candlelight dinners are definitely passé, its time to Dine in the Dark!
Johncy Restaurant & Bar
Arti’s Yakhni Pulao
Festive Season At Taj Aguada
Sustainable Tourism in Goa
Trends In Bakery Business
Harley Santa Run
A New Hip Thing Is BREWING IN GOA!
Reinventing The Traditional Cuisines Of Goa
Lost Culinary Heritage Of Goa
A & P's Cocktail Pub
Unwind Sunday Brunch at GROK
The Cyber-Aroma of Goan Food
Adding Zing to your Food
Places To Eat In Utorda
Thanksgiving at Grand Hyatt
Food Choices in Calangute that you should go for
Things 2 Do
Cucumber And Mint Cooler
Cake Mixing at ITC Grand
Goa Is Changing The Way It Dines
Serendipity Arts Festival
Desserts N More
Goan Farmers Market
Organic food Trends In Goa
My Wildlife Odyssey – A Photographic Journey
Beer Batter Prawns
Krank Boutique Parties