- December 9, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Food Files from Goa
These lovely fried prawns are an excellent finger food option especially here in Goa. Not forgetting beer being an ingredient in the recipe. A lip-smacking dish of Goan taste and flavour, scrumptious and perfect!!!
- 24 Prawns
- 2 tbsps refined flour (maida)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For Beer Batter
- ¼ cup beer
- ¼ cup refined flour (maida)
- 4-5 ice cubes
1. Wash, peel, de-vein and butterfly the prawns, leaving tailsintact.
2. Prepare the beer batter just in time to eat.
3. When ready to fry the prawns, combine the batter ingredients in a large bowl with a slotted spoon
4. Using a spoon instead of a whisk keeps the batter thick, lumpy and the lumps become crunchy when deep fried.
5. If the humidity level is high then the ice cubes tend to melt quickly making the batter runny, so keep a little extra flour at hand to thicken the batter.
6. Leave the batter at room temperature, until the ice has melted half, and start using the batter immediately.
7. Heat oil in a wok/kadhai until the surface of the oil seems to shimmer slightly.
8. Lightly toss the prawns in dry flour, (you can use a ziplock bag so the prawns coat evenly).
9. Hold each prawn by the tail and dip it in the beer batter one at a time to coat completely, letting any excess batter drain off.
10. Deep fry prawns in small batches for a minute or until they are just cooked through and lightly golden brown.
11. Arrange the crunchy and crispy beer battered prawns on a platter, serve immediately with a favourite dipping sauce.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Lovely!!!! Will definitely try this at home
You made some respectable points there. I regarded on the web for the difficulty and found most people will go together with with your website.