- September 16, 2021
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Best Places to Stay in Goa, Home Stays
Imagine a relaxing vacation in a homestay that’s on top of a private forested hill. The area that surrounds the place is a natural habitat for gorgeous peacocks, civet cats, porcupines, birds, and monkeys. Sounds amazing? This is exactly what Capella Forest Retreat & Homestay has to offer.
They have been listed on the Outlook Responsible Tourism list of eco-conscious homestays as they are a minimum waste establishment. Over here, guests usually hire scooters or self-drive vehicles for sightseeing. It is only a 5-minute drive from the homestay to aesthetic shops and well-known restaurants in Assagao. Famous beaches at Candolim, Morjim, and Ashvem are 20-30 minutes away.
These are the rooms they offer:
– Magnolia is a huge room with an even larger bathroom and veranda that overlooks the courtyard. It has twin antique four-poster beds that can be joined to make a king-sized double. Two extra single beds can be added.
– Heliconia is a large upstairs room overlooking the pool. It has a king-sized antique four-poster bed and facility for 2 extra single beds. Heliconia has an attached terrace / sit out.
– Jacaranda is a smaller standard double room downstairs that is suitable for solo travellers or families travelling with older parents.
All the rooms are air-conditioned with ensuite bathrooms. Other facilities include complimentary Indian and Continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, common TV, inverter back-up, library, board games, etc. There is a large infinity-edge swimming pool which is open all year round.
At an additional cost, they offer services like laundry, scooter hire, taxis, self-drive cars, massages, and airport transfers. To get a better feel of Goa, Capella homestay can arrange adventure trips (river kayaking, rock climbing, trekking, etc), curated walks by local experts, eco-conscious dolphin and backwater river trips, bicycling tours, birdwatching, cooking classes with a local chef, and more.
– The homestay is cleaned daily. Sheets and towels are changed on request or every 4 days.
– Kitchen can be used by long-stay guests and for preparing baby food but is off-limits for short stay guests.
– They follow government regulations regarding RTPCR tests for guests, etc.
Rates: Average rate is Rs 7,500 per night for the superior rooms and Rs 6,000 per night for the standard room.
Address: Capella Forest Retreat & Homestay, Hse # 376/1 Boqueachi Arradi, Parra, Bardez, North Goa, Goa 403510
Contact person: Ayesha Madon
Contact number: 9923459488
Instagram handle: @capellagoa