- September 27, 2021
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Best Places to Stay in Goa, Home Stays, Unique Goan Stays
Serene, Yet Close To Action!
Casa de Tartaruga™ is a half a century old Goan Villa, located in the quiet & upscale village of Assagao, North Goa, known for its Heritage properties, Chic Eateries & Bars etc. Most North Goa beaches are a short 5 to 10 min drive away.
This Heritage Property is meticulously renovated & retrofitted to contemporary standards & comforts while retaining its old-world charm. The property brings together the Warmth of Old School Hospitality & the Comforts of a Luxury Hotel.
– 1/2 Acre of Beautifully Landscaped Tropical Garden with hundreds of trees, plants and a fish pond.
– All rooms and living spaces are air-conditioned
– WiFi Connection with High-Speed Broadband
– TV with all HD channels
– BYOB (all bar essentials available)
– Music system with Bluetooth/aux cable
– 100% POWER BACKUP FOR YOUR COMFORT
– Fully equipped with crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, & glassware etc.
– Teas and Gourmet Coffees on the house
– Toaster, oven, microwave, mixer grinder, electric kettle, hob, chimney & refrigerator
– Water filter
– Kitchen staff helps with the complimentary breakfast and teas and coffees during your stay. For additional meals, guests can get a cook-on-call for a small fee,
• THE OLIVE RIDLEY (Room 1)
This room is designed especially for people travelling with kids. A sleek wooden staircase leading up to the mezzanine level where the children will find a soft welcoming queen size bed with a little window to peep through. The room’s Kind Size hardwood poster bed with its ultra-soft spring mattress makes waking up a refreshing experience. The bed has warm lampshade stands on both sides. The wooden wardrobe comes with plenty of space to hang all your clothing and is also fitted with a digital safe. There is also a contemporary wooden study table with a comfortable chair in case you need to catch up on business back in the office. There is an enticing view of the neighbouring village homes in Anjuna from the window. The bedroom has an attached bathroom with 100% Organic toiletries and Soaps etc for your safety and comfort.
• THE GREEN SEA (Room 2)
Spacious yet cozy, the room comes with an antique hardwood bed with an ultra-soft spring mattress, that makes waking up a refreshing experience. The bed has warm lampshade stands on both sides of the bed. The wooden wardrobe comes with plenty of space to hang all your clothing and it is also fitted with a digital safe. A contemporary wooden study table with a comfortable upholstered chair sits closely next to a window in view of traditional Goan homes. The room is further furnished with other wooden furniture and upholstered chairs. The bedroom has an attached bathroom with 100% organic toiletries and Soaps etc for your safety and comfort.
• THE HAWKSBILL (Room 3)
This spacious room comes with a private verandah that almost wraps around the entire first floor, with a direct view of the garden as you step out in the morning to stretch. To do this though, you must have to get out of bed first, which can be a herculean task, given that the bed is so succulently comfortable. The Queen size hardwood bed, with its soft spring mattress and its chic and warm bedside lampshades, is guaranteed to deliver a really sweet night sleep. A large wooden closet with plenty of space to hang your clothing also comes fitted with a digital safe. Just beside the entrance to the balcony is a contemporary wooden study table, with a view that’s fit for a poet. The bedroom has an attached bathroom with 100% organic toiletries and Soaps etc for your safety and comfort.
• THE LOGGERHEAD (Room 4)
This spacious room has a private verandah that almost wraps around the entire first floor. The view of the swimming pool from the verandah makes this space a cool hangout. The King size hardwood bed, with its soft spring mattress and its chic and warm bedside lampshades, is guaranteed to deliver a really sweet night sleep. A large wooden closet with plenty of space to hang your clothing also comes fitted with a digital safe. Just beside the entrance to the balcony is a contemporary wooden study table, with a view that’s fit for a poet. The bedroom has an attached bathroom with 100% organic toiletries and Soaps etc for your safety and comfort.
• THE LEATHERBACK (Room 5)
This large lovely room is situated on the ground floor of the house and is fully furnished with antique hardwood furniture including a King Size bed, comfortable chairs and a study desk. With a lovely view of the front garden, this room is ideally suited for couples and the elderly who may not be very eager on climbing the stairs to the 1st floor of the villa.
The bathroom for this room is in a common area, but to make up for you having to walk a few steps to get there, the bathroom will invite you in with a luring bathtub. The couple staying in this room have dibs to on this bathroom.
A BIT MORE ABOUT THE B&B
• Library with comfortable green upholstered chairs, with ambient lighting suitable for reading and well stocked with books and WiFi.
• Living Room with plenty of seating and a 40″ LED TV with DishTV Connection and a JBL Wireless Bluetooth sound system for those jazzy mornings.
• Dining Room with a large dining table that has a great view of the swimming pool, making it a preferred hangout for guests.
• Large verandah almost surrounding the entire first level of the house, giving you a superb zone to hang out.
• Entrance Lounge with a wide view of the front garden.
• Swimming pool with a separate Kids Pool
• A large garden with a hammock, a fountain and a large open space with hundreds of trees all around for an outdoor party under the sky. There is also a heritage well and a half-century-old Garden Gazebo for a romantic meal with your lover.
• The Large Private Pool is just what you need to relax, rejuvenate and have a great time with friends and family. Kids are not left out, they have a separate kiddie pool all for themselves.
• Wifi – High-Speed broadband on the property which is free for use by the guests
Guests will have access to the entire property. The front garden is divided into 3 landscaped parts. Entry is from the main road into the front garden, leading into the Middle garden (we call it the well garden), finally leading into the garden adjacent to the main house. There are large covered verandas on the ground and the first floor with eclectic seating arrangements. There is a designated zone for BBQ, etc.
Other things to note
What sets them apart is their attention to detail and the services they offer in their fully serviced property. The staff is extensively trained to provide the comforts you are used to at luxury hotels and yet make your stay as non-hotel-like as possible. From changing your toiletries & towels to helping you with your breakfast and other meals (cook-on-call charges apply for additional meals), setting up your evening BBQ, to running errands for you so you can sit back and relax in our Gardens or Poolside, they have you covered!
Website – WWW.CASADETARTARUGA.COM
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CDTgoa/
Instagram – @casa.de.tartaruga
Location – Vagator/Assagao Goa