- May 8, 2017
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Features
Goa, apart from just attracting myriad youthful souls with its thriving nightlife and romantic settings, is also visited by tons of family vacationers who come down to embrace its beaches, churches, temples, forts, waterfalls, and tropical Climate. Goa’s rich culture and heritage makes for a rather enlightening holiday experience other than the eat-sleep-rave-repeat trend which is often practiced by the youth swinging by the state. To make sure that you have a perfect family vacation in the sunny state, we have put together 5 of the most beguiling properties that make for remarkable family getaways.
1. Heritage Village Club Heritage Village Club, located 15km from the Dabolim airport along the shores of Arossim Beach, is a paradise for big families who come down to spend some quality time. A part of Select Hotels group, this property has 97 rooms, all equipped with modern facilities providing a rather contemporary accommodation. Heritage Village Club is known to be India’s first all inclusive property wherein, you have to pay one comprehensive price and can avail all facilities including accommodation, unlimited food, snacks in between meals, in-house beverages and entertainment activities for the entire Family. How’s that for a deal?
2. Whispering Palms When it comes to families who want to eat, shop, party, and cover as many beaches and heritage sites as possible during their vacation, Candolim is an apt location. Amidst the bustle of the Candolim beach belt perches a serene property, not too far from the Fort Aguada road or the Candolim Beach, called Whispering Palms. Being equipped with 106 rooms, Whispering Palms will spoil you with their state-of-the-art service as you stay in a room or a suite that’s amid a pristine pool and finely landscaped gardens. Replete with a warm and homely Goan décor, Whispering Palms will amuse you and your loved ones with classapart entertainment acts every night.
3. Ocean Palms When it comes to a luxury family vacation, there should be no compromises. Enter Ocean Palms, a four star resort off the Fort Aguada road in Calangute, and you’ll notice that compromising on a quality accommodation isn’t on your bucket List after all. The property possesses a pastoral Goan spirit that seamlessly blends in with cutting edge modernity. The resort boasts of its in house restaurant, namely, Beachcomber’s Grill and Lounge and offers a wide range of recreational activities. Be it a second honeymoon or getaway with your little ones, the moments you spend at Ocean Palms will definitely be the moments you’ll treasure forever.
4. Baywatch If you want your family holiday to be a bit exotic and away from the hustle and bustle of the noisy city life, we might have just the thing for you. Nestled near the serene locale of the Sernabatim Beach on the of Colva- Benaulim coastline in South Goa, Baywatch is an apt destination for a blissful family vacation. With 104 spacious deluxe rooms and elegant family suites, it is indeed and has always been a traveller’s delight. Here you can pamper yourself and your sweetheart at the Lifestyle Spa with foot reflexology treatment or a hot stone massage while your little ones frolic in the kid’s pool. You can also book excursions from their travel desk and explore the best of Goa. Not just that, their chefs will always be there to whip you meals that’ll mesmerize your palate as you sit back and indulge in the susegad lifestyle.
5. Beleza…by the beach Nestled on the pristine white sands of Colva Beach, Beleza…by the beach is located amidst swaying palm trees, with a spectacular beach on one side and sprawling paddy fields on the other. Beleza is a boutique resort which provides all the modern amenities like bigger properties but with an intimate essence of Goan hospitality. Equipped with 30 tastefully designed and furnished rooms in a Villa format, each room is replete with plush and modern room amenities including air-conditioning, tea/coffee maker, LCD TV with satellite connection and DVD player, electronic safe, mini-bar and fridge, and an en-suite bathroom. The comfort level and close proximity to the beach will pamper your family beyond expectation.
Text: Shubham Gupta