- May 5, 2017
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Enchanting Churches of Goa
The Holy Spirit Church Margao is the fifth edition, the previous three versions destroyed in arson and the fourth having been reconstructed by the local ganvkari (comunidade) in 1675. The façade, which is four storeys high, is adorned with a festooned niche which depicts the Pentecostal scene of the Holy Spirit descending upon the disciples. The high altar of the church is richly gilded and holds paintings which show the appearance of the Holy Spirit at different times in the life of Jesus.
Distance from Panjim: 32Km via Nh 17