- November 4, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Shacks
About this Restaurant
Casual dining by a clean & serene beach cannot get better than this. Johncy Restaurant & Bar offers tantalising multicuisine food along with indoor and outdoor seating, live entertainment, joyous atmosphere, and close proximity to the water sports facilities. Accompanied by a magnificent view, quick service and high quality food, the place is affordable & apt for large gatherings and intimate moments. It can seat up to 200 people.
Johncy specialises in traditional Goan cuisine and fresh seafood delights along with Indian, Continental, and Chinese flavours. The quality & consistency of the food will take your palette by surprise. The seafood, including tiger prawns, crabs, lobsters, etc., is sourced in-house from their own fishing trawlers keeping the freshness levels up at all times. Dishes like sausage arros, pork ribs, pork chops & steaks, along with some delightful mocktails and cocktails and fresh juices, ensure that the meal at Johncy is a delight.
Launched in 1986, Johncy started off small and has become big after Agnelo John Severes, took over this family business in 1992. Agnelo expanded this culinary venture using the skills & knowledge which he had acquired during a professional course from Agnel institute of Food craft and culinary Sciences, Goa. At present, Agnelo’s son, Ariston Severes, who holds a degree in Hospitality Management from Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa, plans to take the brand forward.
From The Restaurant
- Open throughout the year.
- Timings: Off-season: 10:30 am – 03:00 pm & 06:30 pm to 12:00 midnight | Season: 08:00 am to 01:00 am
- Average meal for two:INR 1400/- with alcohol & INR 1000/- without alcohol.
House No. 1570, Vasvaddo, Benaulim Beach, Salcette, Goa
- Prawn curry rice, Macreal Rechado & Caramel pudding
- Ideal for private parties for up to a 100 people
- Quick service and pleasant ambience
- Live music on Fridays and Saturdays and Karaoke on Sundays
Tel: 0832 2770916 / +91 9822124900