- May 8, 2017
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Not-To-Miss The Fantastic Fives !
Goa boasts of its natural beauty. Its sparkling water bodies, pristine beaches, lush plateaus, whispering groves, and all the greenery that surrounds it is bound to adorn you’re dining and stay experience. So while you’re at it, why not celebrate your vacation or residence in Goa at places that’ll endow you with sights that are dreamy beyond imagination? Here’s what we strongly recommend.
1. Izgara, Candolim Right in the middle of the Candolim beach bustle is a restaurant that is peaceful, has a serene sea view, and serves authentic Mediterranean food. Hard to believe, isn’t it? Located on the terrace of Acacia Luxury Hotel, Izgara, a casual dining restaurant specializing in Turkish cuisine, is above and beyond the busy beach belt of Candolim. Even though it’s about half a kilometer away from the beach, you can clearly gaze at the majestic Arabian Sea, the Aguada Hill, places as far-off as Pilerne and Porvorim, and the Siolim-Aguada road till the point it meets the horizon.
2. Jardim-A-Mar, Agonda Miles away from the buzzing party scene is a slow, laid back, and relatively ‘unspoiled’ beach belt of Agonda in the Canacona district of Goa. Jardim-A-Mar is a quaint little beachfront garden resort with cozy eco-huts and adorable stone cottage rooms. Being surrounded with such a blissful atmosphere, Jardim-A-Mar is often visited by Yoga enthusiasts while its kitchen specializes in Indian, Nepali, Seafood, anything tandoori, and a bit of continental food. The floor seating arrangement and the hammocks are bound to keep you relaxed at all times while you gaze at the sea and the greenery laden hills that surround it.
3. The Crown in Panjim Well, it’s certain that you might not always be in the mood to drive to someplace far and exotic for an eccentric view. How about a place that is spacious, has terrific view, and is right in the heart of the busy Panjim city? For all those who won’t mind an urban setting, The Crown in Panjim will not disappoint one bit. Sitting by their pool on the 3rd level, you can gawk at the distant off shore casinos perching on the Mandovi River, the Mandovi bridge which sparkles with bustling car lights as the sun sets, a couple of speedboats and ferries crisscrossing on the river, and the greenery of Charao Island fading into the horizon.
4. Babazin Looking for something that’s relatively less commercial, serves truly Goan food, and has a mesmerizing river/bay view? In that case, you should definitely head to Babazin for a homely dining experience. Located on the banks of the Mandovi River (not too far from the bay), Babazin has in store a thrilling view of the Panjim city across the river, blurred portions of the Mormugao peninsula which anyways is miles away, and a fierce sight of the Mandovi opening into the Arabian Sea. Even though it’s located in Nerul Village where there are narrow roads and barely any open spaces, Babazin’s is equipped with its own parking area.
Landing a place on the edge of a hill overlooking the Small Vagator Beach below, Thalassa is privy to an ambience that heightens its every experience. Leaning over the edge of the cliff, the ripples of the ocean waves steal away your gaze, while the whispering wind tickles your soul and calms your spirit, as your taste buds are treated to a lavish Greek spread of decadent delights. With its white decor, terrazzo flooring, rustic wooden shelters and cane furniture, Thalassa takes you on a nostalgic journey reminiscent of Greece.The air is perfumed with a tantalizing aroma of Greek cuisine prepared with the freshest of ingredients and definitely sprinkled with love. With a melody that sings of warmth and sheer bliss, Thalassa is said to be the perfect marriage of Greek hospitality, tranquillity and the vibe of Goa.
Text: Shubham Gupta
Pics courtesy: Thalassa, Goa