- May 5, 2017
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Enchanting Churches of Goa
Next to St. Monica’s convent once stood the church of Our Lady of Grace, which was built in 1602 by the Augustinian friars. In the year 1835 this church was deserted due to the suppression of the religious orders in Goa. Due to neglect and disrepair, the vault of the church collapsed on the 8th of September, 1842. The façade and half the tower fell in 1931 leaving behind only the tower, which is popularly known as the Tower of St. Augustine.
Location: Old Goa
Image Credits: Shani Kushwaha