- September 30, 2021
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Best Places to Stay in Goa, Home Stays, Short Stays & Rentals
The Island Pool Villa is for tasting a different Goa – the one slightly away from the beaches and mad crowds and population and noisy streets. If you want seclusion, privacy, peace and quiet and to party by yourselves (if you come from the cities or busy metros) then this is the place for you. You can still visit the beaches and stuff but you cannot come to Goa for just the beaches!!
This is a spot for people who want to get away from the crowds of Goa and the messy beach areas if you want to spend some private time with clean O2 and amidst your group/family. The villa is ideal for groups or families up to 8-10.
The property is situated on an Island called Chorao. Access to the island is via ferry boats. Mostly the guests have questions about how to get there and what happens at night? The closest ferry point is 2 kms away from Panjim from Ribandar. The ferry boats are in non-stop rotation during the day and evenings and move every 5-10 mins. The people all travel for free and the same applies to motorbikes. Only for cars, the charge is Rs 10 each way. The ferry boats ply for free till night 2 am. After that, there’s a charge.
Distance to the beaches is around 10-12 Kms. 2 kms from Ribandar ferry to Panjim and from Panjim Miramar beach is 2 kms away only and north Goa beaches are like 10 kms away (20 mins drive) depending between which beach, Calangute/Candolim being close and Anjuna being around 14 kms away.
They have a list of activities at Chorao Island. These include the Crocodile Dundee trip, Night Crawl at Chorao Island, Bird sanctuary visits, and so much more! They recommend and provide contacts for guests to book and also have their own list of activities that can be done at the villa itself.
Please note the villa has 4 x air-conditioned rooms:2 very large master bedrooms on the first floor with ensuite bathrooms on the first level. They both overlook the pool and back lawns of the villa. Additional beds can be installed in each of these 2 large rooms. One of the rooms has an open bathroom concept (ideal for couples or stags but not too many in this room).
– 1 master bedroom on ground level with ensuite bathroom (Bathroom has an adjoining door with below room where the bath is shared on the ground floor).
– 1 bedroom with 2 x single beds. This room has no bathroom ensuite but is common/shared with the Master Bedroom on the ground floor.
– There are no TV’s in the bedrooms they want to encourage bonding and family time and also as it’s an old house the gadgetry is very little. They have catered to the basics. (Sorry no Alexa there to help you lazy bums!) 😉
WHAT DO YOU GET:
Please note the following will be all-inclusive in the rate agreed for your stay at the villa. Pricing of the villa is as published or agreed mutually and subject to the number of guests. Extra guests can also be accommodated for a small charge for each (to cover laundry, facilities usage, breakfasts, etc).
– Daily provision of fresh breakfast (eggs in preferred style + tea/coffee, daily fresh Goan bread basket along with jam/butter) for guests. The staff will ask you the day before to select the breakfast for the group for the next am.
– RO/UV purified mineral drinking water 5-gallon bottle available at the villa kitchen. Water jars (refilled as needed) with glasses placed in each room for convenience.
– A caretaker will support you during the stay for assistance if needed. Caretaker staff will manage the property on the outside during your stay – pool, gardens, etc. Can also assist on the inside if required for housekeeping.
– If you need a caretaker to prepare meals and act as a cook, then you would need to pay an additional charge.
– They will set up the dining table for you for nights outside if you want to have a dinner or BBQ at the poolside (subject to weather conditions).
– There is a charge for a BBQ set-up – this is to cater to the usage of the set, wood coal, lighter fuel, all grill related items, etc. Just bring the BBQ marinade or prepare the food and give the bbq items to the caretaker. He will set it all up. This is again subject to weather conditions.
– They also have a well-stocked library with numerous novels. Many just prefer to laze around the pool, read a book, and sip on a drink at the pool loungers rather than driving out of the island.
– The caretaker will set up any extra beds / mattresses for you as you want.
– All toiletries will be provided for all guests. Only carry your toothbrushes.
– There are also numerous games available at the villa from board games, packs of cards, carom board, dominos, badminton, outdoor beach ball tennis, 4 in a row, etc. Also, they have mini-golf on the lawns of the property. Just request the caretaker when on the property.
– Many guests enjoy staying at the villa as it truly disconnects you from the world. For those who really need internet, they have now obtained a high-speed fibre optic cable piped to the villa and each room has its own dual-band router and also one outdoors for the pool area and you could waltz through from room to room and not lose connectivity. This is also on a power UPS back up so should the lights go you will not get disconnected or lose any work in progress online.
Its also always advisable to have your own vehicle (car or rental bikes) in Goa. Two reasons for this as there is no public transportation on the island and taxis in Goa are expensive.
They take the safety of their guests with utmost importance and have prepared themselves to cater to guests only after a long gestation period on how they could do it in the safest way. Besides the cleaning and sanitization of all the high touchpoints and the entire villa, they also will monitor the guests and staff on a daily basis and plan on a min of 24-48 hours sanitization and ventilation period after each check out to assure your safety after thorough sanitization of the premises.
Address: The Island Pool Villa, Chorao Island, North Goa
Contact: +91 90676 49870