- May 4, 2017
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Beach Stays, Hotels & Resorts
The most important challenge that Goa faces today is the problem of garbage disposal and this needs to be addressed on a war footing. Sustainable tourism demands that we adopt modern methods of garbage disposal that do not affect the natural ecosystem of Goa and will help project Goa as a clean and green beach destination.
The Leela is completely driven by their chairman’s vision of sustaining the environment and focusing on reaching out to addressing local environmental issues. Be it the 75 acre landscaped gardens in the hotel or the pristine two kilometre long beach lined with coconut palms, the Leela Goa prides itself on having positioned the hotel as one of the most naturally preserved resorts in Asia.
They have been following many practices in line with their vision of nurturing mother earth, some of which are highlighted below:
· Use of only organic fertilizers in maintaining the gardens · Installation of organic waste converter in the hotel to process biowaste
· Recycling of most of the hotel supplies
· Herb, spice and vegetable gardens within the hotel to cater to the kitchen requirement
· Cleaning and maintaining a pristine 2 km beach line
· Rain water harvesting
Do you have a Business in Goa?
Click here to list it with us!