- September 30, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Editor's Choice, Food Files from Goa
SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (WATERMELON FIZZ)
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- ½ kg seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Generous splash of kombucha or sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs or edible flowers for garnish
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces (carefully removing the rind).
- Cut the peel away from the lime.
- Add about half of the watermelon to the juicer, then the mint, followed by the lime and the rest of the watermelon (collecting the juice in a pitcher).
- Set the watermelon juice aside. If you wish to strain any remaining pulp, use a fine mesh sieve to do so before pouring your watermelon juice into glasses.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses. Pour 2-4 ounces of watermelon juice in a glass. Top with kombucha or sparkling water. Garnish as desired and serve. Cheers!
You Might Also Be Interested In
Coconut Pomegranate Fresca
Organic food Trends In Goa
A Very FENI Story
Sip and Munch ‘Drunch’ at Holiday Inn Goa Candolim
Harley Santa Run
Trends In Bakery Business
Kokum Juice: the humble Goan summer drink
The Cyber-Aroma of Goan Food
Eating out in the New Normal
Boho Cafes of Goa
Beer Batter Prawns
India’s very first 360° Bollywood Lounge experience all set to launch in Goa
My first Japanese food experience in Goa
Paper Moon : An Italian Voyage
GIN Is In GOA
As the fire slowly burns…
Pasta entrée with Crab Meat
Wine And Dine By Goan Sea
Around Goa in 9 Food Trucks!
Mango among ‘mango people’ - -The king of fruits in the sunshine state of Goa
Goa Is Changing The Way It Dines
World’s Most Exciting Floating Sky Restaurant Now In Goa
Feast for the Gods
A New Hip Thing Is BREWING IN GOA!
Food Choices in Calangute that you should go for
Places To Eat In Utorda
A Unique Urak Bar Crawl
Anyone For Coffee And A Canvas?
Make your own Mango Kulfi!
Reinventing The Traditional Cuisines Of Goa
Lost Culinary Heritage Of Goa
Cucumber And Mint Cooler
Adding Zing to your Food
Best view i have ever seen !
Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..