- September 30, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Editor's Choice, Food Files from Goa
SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (WATERMELON FIZZ)
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- ½ kg seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Generous splash of kombucha or sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs or edible flowers for garnish
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces (carefully removing the rind).
- Cut the peel away from the lime.
- Add about half of the watermelon to the juicer, then the mint, followed by the lime and the rest of the watermelon (collecting the juice in a pitcher).
- Set the watermelon juice aside. If you wish to strain any remaining pulp, use a fine mesh sieve to do so before pouring your watermelon juice into glasses.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses. Pour 2-4 ounces of watermelon juice in a glass. Top with kombucha or sparkling water. Garnish as desired and serve. Cheers!
You Might Also Be Interested In
Harley Santa Run
Cake Mixing at ITC Grand
Arti’s Yakhni Pulao
Thanksgiving at Grand Hyatt
Desserts N More
Lost Culinary Heritage Of Goa
Goan Farmers Market
Goa Is Changing The Way It Dines
Places To Eat In Utorda
Johncy Restaurant & Bar
Serendipity Arts Festival
Krank Boutique Parties
A New Hip Thing Is BREWING IN GOA!
Beer Batter Prawns
Reinventing The Traditional Cuisines Of Goa
Flavours Of India
Calamari Bathe & Binge
Organic food Trends In Goa
Wine And Dine By Goan Sea
My Wildlife Odyssey – A Photographic Journey
Anyone For Coffee And A Canvas?
Candlelight dinners are definitely passé, its time to Dine in the Dark!
Food Choices in Calangute that you should go for
Things 2 Do
Adding Zing to your Food
Festive Season At Taj Aguada
Unwind Sunday Brunch at GROK
Sustainable Tourism in Goa
A & P's Cocktail Pub
Trends In Bakery Business
The Cyber-Aroma of Goan Food
Cucumber And Mint Cooler