- September 30, 2020
- Posted by: Planet Goa Team
- Category: Editor's Choice, Food Files from Goa
SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (WATERMELON FIZZ)
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- ½ kg seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Generous splash of kombucha or sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs or edible flowers for garnish
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces (carefully removing the rind).
- Cut the peel away from the lime.
- Add about half of the watermelon to the juicer, then the mint, followed by the lime and the rest of the watermelon (collecting the juice in a pitcher).
- Set the watermelon juice aside. If you wish to strain any remaining pulp, use a fine mesh sieve to do so before pouring your watermelon juice into glasses.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses. Pour 2-4 ounces of watermelon juice in a glass. Top with kombucha or sparkling water. Garnish as desired and serve. Cheers!
You Might Also Be Interested In
Goa Is Changing The Way It Dines
Festive Season At Taj Aguada
Calamari Bathe & Binge
Krank Boutique Parties
Thanksgiving at Grand Hyatt
Things 2 Do
The Cyber-Aroma of Goan Food
Sustainable Tourism in Goa
Goan Farmers Market
My Wildlife Odyssey – A Photographic Journey
Beer Batter Prawns
Serendipity Arts Festival
Unwind Sunday Brunch at GROK
Arti’s Yakhni Pulao
Lost Culinary Heritage Of Goa
Flavours Of India
Johncy Restaurant & Bar
Reinventing The Traditional Cuisines Of Goa
A & P's Cocktail Pub
Adding Zing to your Food
Wine And Dine By Goan Sea
A New Hip Thing Is BREWING IN GOA!
Cake Mixing at ITC Grand
Cucumber And Mint Cooler
Food Choices in Calangute that you should go for
Trends In Bakery Business
Candlelight dinners are definitely passé, its time to Dine in the Dark!
Places To Eat In Utorda
Organic food Trends In Goa
Anyone For Coffee And A Canvas?
Desserts N More
Harley Santa Run